The MSME sector has emerged as a dynamic sector of the Indian economy over the last five decades. MSMEs contribute enormously to the socio-economic development of the country. MSME have a large share of jobs, production and exports. The primary responsibility of promotion and development of MSMEs is of the State Governments.
Major contribution of MSMEs is as follows:
- It provides opportunities at comparatively lower cost;
- It helps in industrialization of rural and backward areas;
- Reduce Regional imbalances through the optimum utilization of their resources;
- More equitable distribution of national income and wealth;
- Major partner in the process of inclusive growth.
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Highlight the goals, decisions phases, processes of supply chain and their impact on the firm to provide effective services
- Explain how a company achieves strategic fit between its supply chain strategy and its competitive strategy for meeting customer needs
Traversing a Supply Chain
- Develop into greater depth by traversing a Supply Chain from the end-customer viewpoint.
- Students to gain an appreciation that different business verticals have very different ways of conducting business and this fundamentally impacts the way their supply chains are designed
Dig Deeper- The Retail Supply Chain – Realities of Retail Business Today
- Describe Store and Merchandising and its relation to Supply Chain
- Describe Inventory Management in Retail
- Describe challenges of Transportation and Logistics in Retail.
- Explain Procurement, Order Management, Customer relationship management in Retail
Dig Deeper- Supply Chain for the Manufacturer
- Explain Inventory Management in Manufacturing
- Describe Challenges of Transportation and Logistics in Manufacturing
- Explain Procurement in ManufacturingOther ways to Slice and Dice the Supply ChainDescribe Supply Chain Planning Versus Supply Chain Execution
- Explain Analytics and the Supply Chain
- Describe how to measure the Supply Chain